Thursday, August 19, 2010

I didn’t want this to be a blog about photo booth hunting since there is already a copious amount of blogs about that, however to begin this project, the first logical thing to do seemed to be to locate all of the photo booths in the city. So that’s what I set out to do yesterday. I soon realized after roaming around for three hours, that this was going to be a much tougher project than I first imagined. First, I’m going to have to get over my inhibitions about talking to strangers. Second, there seems to be NO working photo booths around.

The first one I came across was in the Regal Cinemas on Main street. It was similar to the one in my town back home. But I wasn’t crazy about the vibe inside the theater. It was too small in there. If I were to approach one stranger about the project in that space, I might as well address the entire atrium because EVERYone will hear. I’ll have to become incredibly brave, or forget about it.

I moved on… On a subway car on my way to the Ritz at the Bourse, I stranger said I had the eyes of a goddess (WOWIE). I asked him whether or not he’d take a photo in a photo booth with me. He said yes. I don’t know what it is with me and trains. I just love them. And people love me on trains. Oh trains. Oh love.

Anyhow, I went to three different movie theaters and found NO photo booths. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment